Macedonia was organized in May of 1835 by Lindsay Coleman and eleven men and women in the Lahore community who displayed their religious enthusiasm to establish a church. The first house of worship was a small frame building. The sanctuary of the present church was built in 1853. In 1855, Mr. & Mrs. W.L. Brockman gave to the Trustees, for the sum of twenty-two dollars and fifty cents, an acre and a half of land, which included the structure. The Sunday School rooms were added in 1957.
Since 1835, Macedonia Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has sought to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ by supporting Church World Service; National Benevolent Association; Christian Emergency Council; Jail Ministry; Orange County Fire Department; Rescue Squad; Youth Commission; and many other services.